[BLACKBOX] FW: [BLACKBOX] Clipboard or BlackBox?

From: Campbell, Robert (Selex ES, UK) <"Campbell,>
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2013 08:33:16 +0000

From: Campbell, Robert (Selex ES, UK)
Sent: 04 June 2013 09:16
To: 'BlackBox'
Subject: RE: [BLACKBOX] Clipboard or BlackBox?

Doug

A long story.

The Oms .rtf exporter only supports a fraction of the latest rtf features. Personally I had real problems with the paragraph / tab functions, which

Incidentally worked differently going to Wordpad and Word; generally I find Wordpad (much) better. Sometimes it was best to paste to Wordpad, then recopy and paste again to Word.

I also wanted Unicode support.

I wrote an extended / altered version of an early version of the Oms exporter – see CasketRtfConverter on the Component Pascal Collection site.

It does export Bitmaps (without compression!, but you can then re-save the file from Word which adds the compression.)

It still only supports a fraction of the latest rtf standard.

I haven’t maintained it for ages (too difficult!), but I believe Helmut Zinn has made some improvements.

I think the Oms exporter now also supports Unicode.

Regarding MathType, I tried it. It ‘worked’, but I did not like it. I now use LaTex in conjunction with the module CasketLatex. This means I can embed single

Equations into BlackBox Documents just as one does in Wikipedia. LaTex has a learning curve, but for me it is definitely worth it.

Regards, Robert