[BLACKBOX] Aw: Re: [BLACKBOX] April 18 , 2014 deadline for Windows 7 fixes

From: Rene A. Krywult <"Rene>
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2013 11:12:36 +0200
----boundary-LibPST-iamunique-1963071900_-_- Content-type: text/plain Right. OTOH, if you have one and the same framework on multiple platforms, code is much more portable, and you do not have to learn a new framework when switching from one platform to the other. Currently, if you work with GPCP on .NET and you have to do a Java-project, your initial learning effort is high, while if the same frameworks are in existence on .NET and JVM, then you have NO learning effort for switching platform. So there seem to be two sides to the issue. Rene Gesendet: Freitag, 26. Juli 2013 um 10:39 Uhr Von: "Chris Burrows" -----Original Message----- > From: BlackBox [mailto:BLACKBOX{([at]})nowhere.xy> Sent: Friday, 26 July 2013 1:35 AM > To: BLACKBOX{([at]})nowhere.xy> Subject: Re: [BLACKBOX] April 18 , 2014 deadline for Windows 7 fixes > > And we all know, that there is still no any framework on GPCP, and i think > i know the reason. > GPCP does not *need* its own framework - it is just a compiler for a programming language. It exploits all of the facilities of the platform it is running on - it doesn't attempt to reinvent them in some other peculiar way. In that way you get the best interoperability with all the other software developed in other languages that also have been deliberately designed to support the platform, not subvert it. If you are targeting the Windows platform everything you could ever want and a whole lot more is already in the .NET framework. I have not had any experience with it but I assume that, similarly, if you want to target a Java-based platform then everything that you ever want and more is included in the various Java frameworks for the JVM version. Regards, Chris Burrows CFB Software http://www.cfbsoftware.com ---- To unsubscribe, send a message with body "SIGNOFF BLACKBOX" to LISTSERV{([at]})nowhere.xy ---- To unsubscribe, send a message with body "SIGNOFF BLACKBOX" to LISTSERV{([at]})nowhere.xy ----boundary-LibPST-iamunique-1963071900_-_- Content-type: text/html
Right. OTOH, if you have one and the same framework on multiple platforms, code is much more portable, and you do not have to learn a new framework when switching from one platform to the other.

Currently, if you work with GPCP on .NET and you have to do a Java-project, your initial learning effort is high, while if the same frameworks are in existence on .NET and JVM, then you have NO learning effort for switching platform.

So there seem to be two sides to the issue.

Rene

> And we all know, that there is still no any framework on GPCP, and i think
> i know the reason.

GPCP does not *need* its own framework - it is just a compiler for a
programming language. It exploits all of the facilities of the platform it
is running on - it doesn't attempt to reinvent them in some other peculiar
way. In that way you get the best interoperability with all the other
software developed in other languages that also have been deliberately
designed to support the platform, not subvert it.

If you are targeting the Windows platform everything you could ever want and
a whole lot more is already in the .NET framework.

I have not had any experience with it but I assume that, similarly, if you
want to target a Java-based platform then everything that you ever want and
more is included in the various Java frameworks for the JVM version.

Regards,

Chris Burrows
CFB Software
http://www.cfbsoftware.com

----
To unsubscribe, send a message with body "SIGNOFF BLACKBOX" to LISTSERV{([at]})nowhere.xy