(unknown charset) [BLACKBOX] Fwd: [BLACKBOX] April 18 , 2014 deadline for Windows 7 fixes

From: (unknown charset) unknown charset <no email>
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2013 14:36:26 +0400

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: ϸòð Ëþòûé <petryxa.clever{([at]})nowhere.xy
Date: 2013/7/26
Subject: Re: [BLACKBOX] April 18 , 2014 deadline for Windows 7 fixes
To: chris{([at]})nowhere.xy

Chris,

I'm agreed with you in case of the purposes of GPCP *compiler*,
but it is obvious, when there is more than one platform of the concrete
programming language implementation, this language needs some basic
components, that will allow developer to write platform independent code.

And also Component Pascal Language specification requests reflection
functions from environment. Basic functions plus reflection functions (Meta, you know)
give us a framework, that is really needed on gpcp, even if you wont ever want to migrate from BlackBox.

This framework will be based on gpcp only and will give to a programmes
a simple way to write something on jvm, and .NET and any other basement.

The only trouble is that jvm and .NET are frameworks by itself,
and gpcp framework will give us a layer cake.
This goes to llvm and javascript too.

2013/7/26 Chris Burrows <chris{([at]})nowhere.xy

        GPCP does not *need* its own framework - it is just a compiler for a
        programming language. It exploits all of the facilities of the platform it
        is running on - it doesn't attempt to reinvent them in some other peculiar
        way. In that way you get the best interoperability with all the other
        software developed in other languages that also have been deliberately
        designed to support the platform, not subvert it.

        If you are targeting the Windows platform everything you could ever want and
        a whole lot more is already in the .NET framework.

        I have not had any experience with it but I assume that, similarly, if you
        want to target a Java-based platform then everything that you ever want and
        more is included in the various Java frameworks for the JVM version.

        Regards,

        Chris Burrows
        CFB Software
        http://www.cfbsoftware.com

        ----
        To unsubscribe, send a message with body "SIGNOFF BLACKBOX" to LISTSERV{([at]})nowhere.xy