Re: [BLACKBOX] Ofront released as open source under a FreeBSD-style license

From: [at]} <Mike>
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2012 05:34:43 -0700

Hello Norayr:

I was sorting through the BB list posts on Ofront topics, and I know you and I have corresponded a bit on Ofront, so I thought I'd ask you this question: Have you ever done an Ofront project that targets Win32 or .NET? I am looking seriously at Ofront for several projects, and I thought perhaps you might know more about the Win32 targeting. Josef Templ seems to have concentrated on Unix and its variants. He has suggested POSIX bindings and trying to get that to work with VC++.

Right now, I am in the process of attempting to collect the various .par files and runtimes that support a variety of targets, so that I can get a picture of just how wide a target population I can address with Ofront. If you have anything to offer in the way of commentary on this, I am quite interested to hear.

Thanks,

Mike

Michael A. McGaw, Ph.D.
McGaw Technology, Inc.