UTF-8 converter?

From: [at]} <Violeta>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 17:26:59 +0200

Hello again,

I would have yet another question related to files:
Is somebody aware of the existence of a Converter (Converters.Converter)
for UTF-8 encoded files?

There is a Unicode converter in BlackBox already, but it is not appropriate
to UTF-8 files. UTF-8 encoding is a bit "particular", as standard ASCII characters
are represented as single bytes while non-standard ones as sequences of bytes
of varying size. Unicode converters expect instead fixed size per character.
(http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~mgk25/unicode.html#utf-8).

I need a converter specifically under BlackBox since I need to
process a large amount of files in UTF-8 format, and it's not convenient for me
to store an intermediate version of these file (supposing that I could
decode the files outside BlackBox).

I wonder if somebody implemented such a converter for BlackBox
or knows whether it exists or not. Thank you for your answers,

Violeta

Violeta Seretan
Assistante-doctorante, LATL - Laboratoire d'Analyse et de Technologie du Langage
Département de linguistique, Faculté des Lettres, Université de Genève
2, rue de Candolle Tel: +41 22 379 73 32
CH-1211 Genève 4 Fax: +41 22 379 79 31

Notebook.jpg
(image/jpeg attachment: Notebook.jpg)