Re: Visio style editor view

From: [at]} <Stan>
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2004 16:47:04 -0700

Bart,
I have been meaning to contribute this to Helmut's page, but never got
around
to it. I will do so shortly now. Anyway, I have always wanted a
graphics editor
with BlackBox and never had the time to work on one. I developed a
module
named ShapesDraw, however, that could serve to render primitive shapes
for
the editor. It exports the following procedures:

Arc, a 90 degree arc
RoundedRect, a rectangle with rounded corners
Arrow, an arrow with a solid shaft
PathArrow, an arrow with a hollow interior
Pie, a segment of a pie chart
Sin, an efficient computation of sine
Cos, an efficient computation of cosine

I think the arrow routines are particularly nice, as you can specify
the exact shape
of the arrowheads. You can even put them on either or both ends of a
Bezier curve.
Integer arithmetic is used for efficiency, and angles are specified to
a precision
of 1/64 of one degree. The module is well-documented. It has a suite of
test programs
including some with animation. The BlackBox system is particularly
nice, as you
get resolution-independent rendering for hardcopy output. Anyone is
welcome to
use the module as one of the building blocks of a BlackBox editor.

Best regards,
Stan