BlackBox Tutorial update

From: [at]} <Stan>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 99 23:47:35 PDT

Hello All,
I am continuing to use BlackBox in our introductory course
this year, and am revising the BlackBox tutorial in the
process. From the README:

"I am revising the material this academic year, beginning September,
1999. The files with "b" in their names are the newly revised
versions. For example, ch01b.pdf is the newer version of pbox-ch01.pdf.
The BlackBox software elsewhere at this site, designed for use with
the manuscript, is updated for the newer version. So, if you are
using the software with the older version of the manuscript, it
will be incompatible in a few places."

The revisions are minor. The main change is the addition of
optional starred sections for students who have studied or are
currently studying formal methods. I will keep the old version
of the tutorial (but not the old version of the software) posted
for the time being. I just posted chapters 1, 2, 3, and 4 of
the new version of the manuscript.

The site is the same:

ftp://ftp.pepperdine.edu/pub/compsci/prog-bbox/

Enjoy.

Stan
J. Stanley Warford
Professor of Computer Science