Re: Text with linked app

From: [at]} <gruntz{>
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 1999 01:11:05 +0100

>I have a linked app (MSWindows environment) that uses the text
>subsystem. Users can open a document window and enter text,
>which is processed by the app. The problem is that the linked
>app does not allow users to copy from a foreign app and paste
>to a document window. Also, the linked app does not allow the
>user to open a file that has been saved as ascii by a foreign
>app. The only option in the MSWindows dialog box is "document".
>I suspect that these problems can be solved by including
>the right modules in the linker, but do not know which ones
>to include? Is my supposition correct, and if so, which ones
>should I include?

look at module Config. This is the module which installs all
converters and also the OLE importers and exporters. In your
linked application, there must be
a) similar calls as in the linked module Config, and
b) the modules mentionned in these setup calls have to be
linked as well.

For example, in order to read text files, you have to
a) call Converters.Register("HostTextConv.ImportText",
    "HostTextConv.ExportText", "TextViews.View", "txt", {0});
in Config.Setup and
b) you have to link module HostTextConv to your application.

Hope, this answers your question.
- Dominik

Dr. Dominik Gruntz
Oberon microsystems, Inc., Technoparkstrasse 1, CH-8005 Zurich
gruntz{([at]})nowhere.xy
tel ++41-1-445-1751
fax ++41-1-445-1752