RE: Large txt Files

From: [at]} <weck{>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2001 11:07:10 +0100

Hi everybody,

In 1.3.3 we applied a particular fix in the file system to resolve a problem with Windows 2000. In
1.4 we have a better solution for this with less performance impact. As a consequence it is indeed
possible that the conversion of .txt files is particularly slow when you use 1.3.3. However, this
problem is 1.3.3 specific. It occurs neither with versions prior to 1.3.3 nor in the new 1.4 release
family.

(We would be happy, however, if you would not ask us to create a 1.3.4 version to resolve the
problem with 1.3.3. Please consider moving to 1.4 instead.)

All the best,
        Wolfgang