Electronic Publishing & Bitmaps

From: Danforth, Douglas <"Danforth,>
Date: Tue, 1 May 2001 10:58:28 -0400

Folks,

I'm gearing up to publish a document on http://xxx.lanl.gov/
which requires specific document types one of
which is .pdf (Adobe Acrobat).

Since I write all my documents using BlackBox the
steps necessary to accomplish this are:

.odc -> .rtf -> .doc -> .pdf

Adobe installs a converter into Microsoft Word
that can translate any document that Word
can read into .pdf format.

Now my question and issue is that bitmap images
within my BlackBox document are not included
in the .rtf (rich text format) when I save
a .odc as .rtf.

I must, by hand, copy and past those bitmaps into
Word. Why?

Have I missed something in the save process or is
it that the .rtf standard does not specify embedded
images and hence BlackBox does not support them?

Have I missed something? Is there a better way
to produce .pdf files from .odc files?

-Doug

---
Douglas G. Danforth, Ph.D. - Research Scientist
QuikCAT.com   6700 Beta Drive,  Suite 200,  Mayfield Village,  OH 44143-2335
To unsubscribe from this mailing list, send a message containing the word "unsubscribe" to:
   blackbox-request{([at]})nowhere.xyTo get a list of valid e-mail commands and instructions on their usage, send a message containing the word "help" to the above address.
Send any problem reports or questions related to this email list to the list owner at
   owner-blackbox{([at]})nowhere.xy