Domains

From: [at]} <Reinhard>
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 1998 14:43:09 -0800

Hello everybody,

I ve got problems to understand the concept of domains in combination with
the MVC-Model.

I have a simulation model with many timeseries. After running the model
with its parameter, the main timeseries is shown. That works fine.
Sometimes the user is interrested to display an other timeseries of the
model. The idea behind my concept is: The user can select a view of a
timeseries. This means he select a model. After that he can get a menu to
choose which other timeseries of the selected model he like to see
additionaly. However, I like to display different views of one model in
different windows.

What is know the value of model.domain and the value of view1.domain and
view2.domain? A model can not belong to different domains. This is clear.
Is the domain of view 1, view 2 and the model the same? If yes, how I have
to implement that?

I hope my question is clear enough to get an answer. Until know I didn't
assign a domain to the model, it' works more or less but the
Models.Broadcast needs model.domain # NIL. So I have to assign a right
value to model.domain.

Thanks in advance for helping me to understand the cocncept of domains in
combination with the MVC-Model using many views more clearly.

Reinhard

Dietrich Reinhard
dipl. Inf. Ing. ETH
Institut fuer Pflanzenwissenschaften, Gruppe Phytomedizin, LFW B25
Universitätsstrasse 2, ETH Zentrum, CH - 8092 Zuerich Switzerland

Phone: +41-1-632-3868
Fax: +41-1-632-1108
e-mail: reinhard.dietrich{([at]})nowhere.xy