[BLACKBOX] File types messed up under SP3

From: Douglas G. Danforth <"Douglas>
Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2013 01:26:43 -0700
----boundary-LibPST-iamunique-905284679_-_- Content-type: text/plain I recently upgraded to service pack 3 (SP3) for Windows XP and now my .odc files are no longer known correctly. The icons are not taken from the blackbox.exe file. I have used the control panel under Windows and played with Folder Options => File Types and set the ODC extension to that of BlackBox (actually I had to set it to a shortcut for BlackBox for it to take effect). If I click on a file with .odc (which used to work) Windows now says "... not a valid Win32 application". So it is trying to execute the file rather than opening the file with BlackBox EVEN THOUGH the File Types knows to open with BlackBox. So something is screwed. I don't see how to get finer control over what Windows thinks it should do. I really don't want to use regedit.exe to manipulate the registry, but will if nothing else works. Does anyone have suggestions or solutions? -Doug Danforth ---- To unsubscribe, send a message with body "SIGNOFF BLACKBOX" to LISTSERV{([at]})nowhere.xy ----boundary-LibPST-iamunique-905284679_-_- Content-type: text/html I recently upgraded to service pack 3 (SP3)