Re: [BLACKBOX] Layout->Replace...

From: Campbell, Robert (Selex ES, UK) <"Campbell,>
Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2013 08:32:06 +0000

From: BlackBox [mailto:BLACKBOX{([at]})nowhere.xy
Sent: 01 July 2013 02:31
To: BLACKBOX{([at]})nowhere.xy
Subject: Re: [BLACKBOX] Layout->Replace...

                    *** WARNING ***

This message has originated outside your organisation,

-Alexander,
-You are correct.
-If one could do what I am requesting then one could
-change a slider into any other control type(a rotating cube)
-whose hidden variables might not at all correspond to the
-original type.

The only variables you should need to change are those controlled by Properties. The ‘known’
Field of properties automatically handles issues of ‘correspondence’. It all works kind of like magic.

Actually my Module CtrlsFieldApply also transfers the size and position to the newly inserted Control,
but that information belongs to the Container rather than the Control itself.

- BUT in the case that the semantics are the
- same then it would be nice to syntactically simply rename
- the type.

You are not really ‘renaming the type’, you are removing an unwanted Control of the old type, and inserting a newly
created Control of the new type; a much bigger task than just updating one Property.

-I have by hand gone through and created new forms corresponding
-to the old forms. Tedious.
-Doug

Agreed. That why I wrote CtrlsFieldApply a decade ago!

Like most contributors to CPC (I guess) I find it nice to know when your work
is of use to other people.

Robert