[BLACKBOX] Aw: Re: [BLACKBOX] Re: [BLACKBOX] April 18 , 2014 deadline for Windows 7 fixes

From: Rene A. Krywult <"Rene>
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2013 17:04:38 +0200

----boundary-LibPST-iamunique-303305400_-_- Content-type: text/plain Thanks! Gesendet: Donnerstag, 25. Juli 2013 um 17:00 Uhr Von: "Ivan Denisov" -----Original Message----- > From: BlackBox [mailto:BLACKBOX{([at]})nowhere.xy > Support Oberon microsystems AG > Sent: Thursday, 25 July 2013 6:15 PM > To: BLACKBOX{([at]})nowhere.xy > Subject: Re: [BLACKBOX] April 18 , 2014 deadline for Windows 7 fixes > > > We are really sorry about this but we have to encourage users still > relying on BlackBox as their main development platform to start looking > for alternatives. > > At Oberon microsystems we are currently using C# and .NET for many of our > mobile and embedded software projects: > For those who want an easier transition from BB / Component Pascal, I recommend trying Gardens Point Component Pascal. I've been using it daily on Windows 7 for a couple of years with no problems. It is maintained and supported. A link to the GPCP site is here: http://www.cfbsoftware.com/gpcp The great thing I find is that I don't feel like I'm a castaway on a Component Pascal island. You can call the standard .NET Windows functions and code written in C# (and the numerous other .NET languages that are available). Because of the way the Common Language Runtime (CLR) is designed it is very similar to calling a function written in GPCP. You can then dabble with writing C# functions as and when you feel like it. Although C# superficially looks similar to C many of the drawbacks associated with C have been eliminated. That is not surprising as Anders Hejlsberg, who designed the language was also responsible for the design of Turbo Pascal, Borland's Object Pascal and Delphi and their influence on C# is obvious. Regards, Chris Chris Burrows CFB Software http://www.astrobe.com ---- To unsubscribe, send a message with body "SIGNOFF BLACKBOX" to LISTSERV{([at]})nowhere.xy ---- To unsubscribe, send a message with body "SIGNOFF BLACKBOX" to LISTSERV{([at]})nowhere.xy ---- To unsubscribe, send a message with body "SIGNOFF BLACKBOX" to LISTSERV{([at]})nowhere.xy ---- To unsubscribe, send a message with body "SIGNOFF BLACKBOX" to LISTSERV{([at]})nowhere.xy ---- To unsubscribe, send a message with body "SIGNOFF BLACKBOX" to LISTSERV{([at]})nowhere.xy ----boundary-LibPST-iamunique-303305400_-_- Content-type: text/html Thanks!

Gesendet: Donnerstag, 25. Juli 2013 um 17:00 Uhr
Von: "Ivan Denisov" <d.ivan.krsk{([at]})nowhere.xy An: BLACKBOX{([at]})nowhere.xy Betreff: Re: [BLACKBOX] Aw: Re: [BLACKBOX] April 18 , 2014 deadline for Windows 7 fixes
In Russian you can find the list of changes in bb16base-core.odc, page http://oberoncore.ru/projects/bb16base-core

I can not give extended comments about fixes, because I am not the author of that version, but can translate list in English, as I understood it:

B1 Files: HostFiles.NewWriter instead of NIL for readonly-file "issues" TRAP 21
B10 SqlDB.ReadPath not accept designators, beginning with "Z"
B11 DevCommanders.par: in some cases, incorrectly determined beg and end
B12 DevCompiler.CompileText:
TRAP 21 on the "empty" lyrics
B13 Windows.StdSequencer.Do: notRecored-operation overwrites Redo-tail
B15 StdStamps.GetData: typo - 'minute' stands for the 'hour'
B16 DevPacker.RemoveWhiteSpaces: loops at the end of the text
B17 Files: HostFiles.LocList not issue catalogs, starting with "."
B2 Files: baseless return loc.res = 2 in the FileList and LocList for server configuration (HostFiles, HostPackedFiles)
B3 Files: some procedures HostPackedFiles not expose loc.res
B4 unicodezationquot: StdFolds.Fold represented by
nonunicode arrows
B5 unicodezationquot: upload / download CHAR-chains as SHORTCHAR-chains (StdLinks, StdFolds, StdStamps)
B6 unicodezationquot: CHAR-chain length in bytes is equal to the length of the chain (SqlOdbc3)
B7 DevSelectors.Selector.CopyFromSimpleView: missed call Stores.Join
B8 HostMenus.IncludingFileCommandLine: copying command line lost the last letter
B9 DevDebug.UnloadThis reads the list of modules from the active text instead DevCommanders.par.text

2013/7/25 Rene A. Krywult <Good to hear, Ivan! Is there a list of fixes & changes from the last Oberon Microsystems produced rc to rc 6? (preferably in English...)
Rene

2013/7/25 Chris Burrows <For those who want an easier transition from BB / Component Pascal, I
[...]

----
To unsubscribe, send a message with body "SIGNOFF BLACKBOX" to