Re: [BLACKBOX] April 18 , 2014 deadline for Windows 7 fixes

From: Douglas G. Danforth <"Douglas>
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2013 18:16:34 -0700

----boundary-LibPST-iamunique-1852483211_-_- Content-type: text/plain Chris, Thank you. Much better than I had feared. -Doug Danforth On 7/26/2013 6:05 PM, Chris Burrows wrote: From: BlackBox [mailto:BLACKBOX{([at]})nowhere.xy Danforth Sent: Saturday, 27 July 2013 9:45 AM To: BLACKBOX{([at]})nowhere.xy Subject: Re: [BLACKBOX] FW: [BLACKBOX] April 18 , 2014 deadline for Windows 7 fixes Chris, I was not clear enough. Yes, TextPad can do all of the editing of a file that one needs. But Does GPCP interact with TextPad? Does it put an error mark into one's text file while one has that file open for viewing? Also, how do you create Views in CPCP. How do you create Forms? If you can do all that with GPCP then I may revisit the issue. I need a good GUI based development environment such as BlackBox. I described this back in 2004 when I started using GPCP. The result is a basic but very usable development system which gives you the following capabilities: * Component Pascal syntax colour highlighting in the editor * Compile / Make the current file using the TextPad menu or a hotkey * Capture the compiler error output in a separate text window * Click on an the error line to take you to the actual line in the source * Visual runtime debugging of your GPCP source. Set breakpoints, inspect variables etc. The information is no longer on my website but you can still access it through the 'Wayback Machine': http://web.archive.org/web/20060615202902/http://cfbsoftware.com/gpcp/ For applications which only have one or two forms I usually do the form creation in GPCP code. You can download the source code of the DVDListView example above. If you prefer the drag-and-drop, automatic code-generating form designer approach and have access to all the Windows UI elements then you could use C# Express / Visual Studio to develop your User Interface. I find this infinitely more capable, flexible and easier to use than trying to create and manipulate forms in BlackBox. However, you need to get some hands-on experience with a tool like VB, Delphi or Visual Studio and see for yourself. You can still do all the behind the scenes processing code in GPCP or one of the other many .NET languages: Visual Basic / Object Pascal / C# / Oberon / Modula-2 / Zonnon / Fortran etc. etc. This helps to enforce the good practice keeping the UI separate from the rest. As an example of this approach have a look at LP Burner: http://www.cfbsoftware.com/lpburner The UI is generated using Visual Studio, the CD-burning capabilities come from calling the .NET IMAPI API, and the WAV processing code is written in GPCP which was ported from the original Delphi / Pascal code that I wrote for LP Ripper in the lates 1990s. Regards, Chris CFB Software http://www.cfbsoftware.com/gpcp ---- To unsubscribe, send a message with body "SIGNOFF BLACKBOX" to LISTSERV{([at]})nowhere.xy ---- To unsubscribe, send a message with body "SIGNOFF BLACKBOX" to LISTSERV{([at]})nowhere.xy ----boundary-LibPST-iamunique-1852483211_-_- Content-type: text/html Chris,
[...]

----
To unsubscribe, send a message with body "SIGNOFF BLACKBOX" to Received on Sat Jul 27 2013 - 03:16:34 UTC