[BLACKBOX] Aw: [BLACKBOX] BlackBox after Oms - Forum

From: Rene A. Krywult <"Rene>
Date: Sat, 17 Aug 2013 13:19:16 +0200

----boundary-LibPST-iamunique-1853580352_-_- Content-type: text/plain Sorry, I don't see how bugtracking via forum is better than bugtracking via an eMail list. Bugtracking should be done via something like Bugzilla, IMHO. Rene Gesendet: Samstag, 17. August 2013 um 12:24 Uhr Von: "Robert Campbell" Sorry, I don't see how bugtracking via forum is better than bugtracking via an eMail list. Bugtracking should be done via something like Bugzilla, IMHO.

Rene

Gesendet: Samstag, 17. August 2013 um 12:24 Uhr
Von: "Robert Campbell" <rdcampbell.98{([at]})nowhere.xy An: BLACKBOX{([at]})nowhere.xy Betreff: [BLACKBOX] BlackBox after Oms - Forum
Hello

My memory woes have raised some issues of wider concern, so I have started a new
topic.

Ivan Denison says:

"I was not subscribed to the mail list in 2011, that is why I worked not with
origin Louwy fix. I just have updated it in Gitorious. Now it will returns 5.

It is one of the reason, why bugtracking via mail is not best choice :) New
members do not see the full picture."

His criticism of the BlackBox list is both right and wrong.

It is right from a technology perspective, a point that has been made in the past.

He is wrong from a social perspective. Active users were a very small group, and
they all seemed to be on the mailing list. If you
wanted help it was the place to ask, and help was usually provided. So the list
was the place to be.

However, now that the centre of BlackBox activity is moving East, and Oms will
no longer be hosting updates or even bug fixes, maybe we should
consider replacing this list with a more "structured" forum.

Obviously such a more will only be an improvement if both:

- Someone suggests and organises some decent forum hosting medium (not me, I
don't have the knowledge)
- And more importantly the vast majority of us willingly make the switch almost
immediately.

Comments ???

Regards

Robert "I still want my missing 800 MByte" Campbell

----
To unsubscribe, send a message with body "SIGNOFF BLACKBOX" to LISTSERV{([at]})nowhere.xy