[BLACKBOX] Aw: Re: [BLACKBOX] Redmine & Gitorious

From: Rene A. Krywult <"Rene>
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2013 09:45:49 +0200

----boundary-LibPST-iamunique-1843654049_-_- Content-type: text/plain Ivan, I applaud your zeal, but I feel that your are currently trying to create facts, where more discussion would lead to better results. This may be a cultural issue, too (for what it is worth, there are many misunderstandings even between Germans and Austrians due to different cultur, though we speak the same language and share a common border. My son-in-law and my daughter-in-law both are from Germany, and after 3 years we can laugh about those differences and "get it", whenever that happens. How much more is a communication prone to cultural misunderstandings, where the communication only goes over second languages). OberonCore wrote that unified centralised responsibility only can come through vote or through appointment. And I agree (though there could be a third one, natural growth). But before a vote can be made, things need to be discussed. I feel, we are still in the discussing, planning and trial state. We should not rush to technical solutions just yet. We need to evaluate, we need to organize, and then we all can decide. Please don't misunderstand me: I do not want to take the lead, as I have more on my plate already than I can comfortably handle. But I know that rushed decisions are the death of any project. And for an OpenSource project, the most important thing is communal acceptance and marketing. The evolutionary method at work is not "the quick eat the slow", but "there's safety in numbers". So far, the problem of BB OpenSource project is that the critical number of active developers of the core framework has not been reached. By rushing things, by issuing declarations, I feel that people are not invited to join the venture, but they are, in fact put off from joining. Just my 2c Rene Gesendet: Mittwoch, 21. August 2013 um 08:05 Uhr Von: "Ivan Denisov" > 2 - I managed to work out how to download individual files from the first, but not the second. If I wanted to download a complete current working set (as a .zip file maybe) how would I do that? I did not install such plug-in to Redmine yet, but it is planned in the future. To download last version without edit history you should run command: git clone --depth=1 http://git.molpit.com/bbcb Before this git itself should be installed: http://git-scm.com/downloads Regards, Ivan Ivan, I've just tried this in a 'git bash' window called "MINGW32.~". It asked me for "Username for 'http://git.molpit.com':". I am guessing it will also ask me for a password ??? Regards Robert ---- To unsubscribe, send a message with body "SIGNOFF BLACKBOX" to LISTSERV{([at]})nowhere.xy ---- To unsubscribe, send a message with body "SIGNOFF BLACKBOX" to LISTSERV{([at]})nowhere.xy ---- To unsubscribe, send a message with body "SIGNOFF BLACKBOX" to LISTSERV{([at]})nowhere.xy ---- To unsubscribe, send a message with body "SIGNOFF BLACKBOX" to LISTSERV{([at]})nowhere.xy ---- To unsubscribe, send a message with body "SIGNOFF BLACKBOX" to LISTSERV{([at]})nowhere.xy ----boundary-LibPST-iamunique-1843654049_-_- Content-type: text/html Ivan, I applaud your zeal, but I feel that your are currently trying to create facts, where more discussion would lead to better results. This may be a cultural issue, too (for what it is worth, there are many misunderstandings even between Germans and Austrians due to different cultur, though we speak the same language and share a common border. My son-in-law and my daughter-in-law both are from Germany, and after 3 years we can laugh about those differences and "get it", whenever that happens. How much more is a communication prone to cultural misunderstandings, where the communication only goes over second languages).

Gesendet: Mittwoch, 21. August 2013 um 08:05 Uhr
Von: "Ivan Denisov" <d.ivan.krsk{([at]})nowhere.xy An: BLACKBOX{([at]})nowhere.xy Betreff: Re: [BLACKBOX] Redmine & Gitorious
Dear Robert

Please, do not give up next time. This delay during the "git clone" operation happened partially because of the time zones difference. (The Apache Passenger module serving the site free memory if nobody uses the web-site and when needs a several seconds (sometimes up to 15s) to load all the Ruby modules in the RAM.) I have to tune up the server later for this stuff not happen again.

Nevertheless, I made the zipped version of current state (git md5 hash: e66246e5c264426ce77bdd68de8d9f0efe8652e5)
Lets call it BlackBox1.6rc6redmine1
http://oberon.molpit.com/bb1.6rc6.redmine1.7z

BlackBox1.6rc6redmine1 today includes all bugfixes from current OberonCore Assembly and several well known fixes over.

Dear International BlackBox Community
We invite you to maintain stable BlackBox together and develop better one in future. Please collect Bugs (for stable version) and Features (for future version) in Issues section (http://redmine.molpit.com/projects/bbcb/issues) or on the OberonCore forum (http://forum.oberoncore.ru/viewforum.php?f=116).

The idea is that with new international domain, we will unite this redmine platform, new international wiki (separate from redmine), and Internationalised BlackBox part of OberonCore forum.

Regards Ivan

The idea is that with new international domain, we will unite this redmine platform, new international wiki (separate from redmine), and Internationalised BlackBox part of OberonCore forum.

Regards Ivan

2013/8/21 Robert Campbell <
Ivan

Tried again, and was even less successful. This time it just froze after saying "Cloning into 'bbcb'...".

So I restarted git, tried again, and got:

"fatal: destination path 'bbcb' already exist and is not an empty directory'"

I think that the kind of people who like BlackBox are the kind of people who don't like command line windows!

I'm giving up. Since I now know that my current BlackBox can run (and allocate 1600 MByte) on some Windows 7 installations I
no longer need another BBox version.

Thanks

Robert