[BLACKBOX] Aw: *** GMX Spamverdacht *** Re: [BLACKBOX] The official position of the Russian OberonCore team about BlackBox Support

From: Rene A. Krywult <"Rene>
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2013 10:18:28 +0200

----boundary-LibPST-iamunique-398844030_-_- Content-type: text/plain So, does that mean that you are not interested to be part of the "center", but only to *be* the center? So far, two who affiliate with OberonCore, have added their names to be part of the "center". Are they on their own in this? Or do I misunderstand something here? Rene Gesendet: Freitag, 23. August 2013 um 10:12 Uhr Von: OberonCore Thus, I am asking why you are doing what you are doing. I would like to know. We are work upon "Oberon theme" under scientific and non profit direction. And we try to adhere to the principles of its founder, Niklaus Wirth. For example, "I had made it a principle to have a language implemented and tested before publication." (http://oberoncore.ru/library/wirth_modula-2_and_oberon). Thus we are trying to publish results of completed work but not the work process itself. Dear Community, we hope what we said enough words to clearly express our position. And with your favour we want to apply for another principle which is like mentioned above: "Having learned quite clearly from the ancients, that to be is not to think, what then is to be? Do more, and do not just talk." When we have the results worthy to present, we hope that you will see them. P.S. Our plans to work on OberonCore assembly and the place to submit your comments and suggestions about it (http://forum.oberoncore.ru/viewforum.php?f6) as well as our contacts to discuss any questions (http://oberoncore.ru/contacts) are unchanged. Best regards, OberonCore team 21.08.2013, 18:44, "Wojtek Skulski" So, does that mean that you are not interested to be part of the "center", but only to *be* the center?

Gesendet: Freitag, 23. August 2013 um 10:12 Uhr
Von: OberonCore <oberoncore{([at]})nowhere.xy An: BLACKBOX{([at]})nowhere.xy Betreff: *** GMX Spamverdacht *** Re: [BLACKBOX] The official position of the Russian OberonCore team about BlackBox Support
Dear Wojtek and Oberon Community,

(Wed, 21 Aug 2013 10:44:35 -0400 Wojtek wrote:)
> Thus, I am asking why you are doing what you are doing. I would like to
know.

We are work upon "Oberon theme" under scientific and non profit direction. And we try to adhere to the principles of its founder, Niklaus Wirth. For example, "I had made it a principle to have a language implemented and tested before publication." (http://oberoncore.ru/library/wirth_modula-2_and_oberon). Thus we are trying to publish results of completed work but not the work process itself.

Dear Community, we hope what we said enough words to clearly express our position. And with your favour we want to apply for another principle which is like mentioned above: "Having learned quite clearly from the ancients, that to be is not to think, what then is to be? Do more, and do not just talk." When we have the results worthy to present, we hope that you will see them.

P.S. Our plans to work on OberonCore assembly and the place to submit your  comments and suggestions about it (http://forum.oberoncore.ru/viewforum.php?f6) as well as our contacts to discuss any questions (http://oberoncore.ru/contacts) are unchanged.

Best regards,
OberonCore team

21.08.2013, 18:44, "Wojtek Skulski" <skulski{([at]})nowhere.xy releasing the source (to their credit!).
Recently they adjusted their position again, what sparked this discussion.
In each case OMS were driven by their own needs, which I think is the
right attitude.

Thus, I am asking why you are doing what you are doing. I would like to
know. Once I know, I can only do one think: accept. Just like I accepted
the OMS decisions at various stages of BB development.

Lets's be realistic. My desire is to piggyback on someone's hard work.
This someone is you. It will be counterproductive to try becoming a
backseat driver. You are the drivers of your own work, and I want to
benefit from it just like I benefited from the OMS work.

I am submitting the above to the community to consider whether it is not
the right attitude.

Thank you,
Wojtek "I only want to be the user"

 We agree what "single center of responsibility for BB would have the right
 to create a version in the future that is not fully downward compatible to
 1.6, if that would be necessary." and so on, if it is defined as mentioned
 above: "Such centre may be assigned as the successor of BlackBox Support
 Oberon microsystems AG by acknowledgment. Or shall be elected by
 Community."

 But again, there is no point to discuss these technical details while the
 center is hypothetical.

 Best regards,
 OberonCore team.  19.08.2013, 00:25, "Rene A. Krywult" :Dear OberonCore
 team,

----
To unsubscribe, send a message with body "SIGNOFF BLACKBOX" to Received on Fri Aug 23 2013 - 10:18:28 UTC