Re: [BLACKBOX] BlackBox 1.6 final version - COMPLEX datatypes?

From: [at]} <Georgy>
Date: Sat, 4 Jul 2009 20:42:57 +0200

Let me try to ask a slightly different question. Suppose I do need COMPLEX data types in BlackBox and I am ready to get my hands dirty and implement COMPLEX as a new basic type. So a new COMPLEX basic type should be defined, mathematical operations should be implemented and the new type should be available in modules importing COMPLEX. Without procedures returning structured types and without operator overloading the implementation could only be done by extending system modules of the BlackBox. Although implementation using standard BlackBox modules is not possible, it seems COMPLEX could be implemented similar to SYSTEM or COM (pseudo-) modules, which do not exist as usual BlackBox SYSTEM.odc or COM.odc, but are hard coded in Dev subsystem. The problem is that the documentation for BlackBox modules intended for internal use only is absent. So, can somebody who knows inner workings of BlackBox make a comment on how such an extension of the core of BlackBox could be done? Can such an extension be localized o
r would it have to be spread all over the system modules? I guess the task is much more difficult, than writing overloaded operations in active oberon or C++, but it is interesting to know how much more difficult?

Georgy