Re: [BLACKBOX] BlackBox 1.6 final version - COMPLEX datatypes?

From: [at]} <Georgy>
Date: Sun, 5 Jul 2009 11:57:45 +0200

Hello Aubrey,

as far as I understand the first step of your approach is to use a representation of complex numbers similar to the one implemented in Robert's Lib. It works, of course, but as Robert mentioned it has some efficiency problems and is not particularly convenient if you have complicated expressions, which should all be rewritten using Add, Multiply, ... procedures instead of +,*,...

As for your suggestion to use Coco, it could be very interesting, but I'm not sure I understand what you exactly mean. Can you please clarify, what should be an input and an output of this automatic source->source translation and how should it be integrated with BlackBox?

Georgy

On Sat, Jul 4, 2009 at 9:26 PM, <Aubrey.McIntosh{([at]})nowhere.xy

So:
I produced a real program using (only) a pointer type for function returns.
I defined (as procedures) any operation that I desired.
I found I could change
 a := b+c;
into
 a := Add (b,c);
using (in Oberon V4) RegExp. Today, I would probably use Coco and the
language grammar to make some automatic source --> source translator.
I am able to read the source code without particular trouble.

What I don't see is why this approach is not good with complex. What
won't work?

On Sat, Jul 4, 2009 at 1:42 PM, Georgy Jikia<georgy.jikia{([at]})nowhere.xy

--
--
Aubrey McIntosh, Ph.D.