[BLACKBOX] reading with SqlODBC3

From: Bernhardt, Gunnar <"Bernhardt,>
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2009 14:31:51 +0100

Hello,

there seems to be a problem with the SqlDB module: Apparently you have to reserve twice the number of CHARs for reading into records, while writing is working fine.

Attached you can find some sample code (Subsystem Test) that should reproduce the problem: It creates a table and adds some sample data to it (command createTableWithContent). Judging from the data base content this works fine (01-databaseDefinition.png and 02-databaseContent.png). This can be verified from within Blackbox with the SQL->Browser (03-outputTextOk.png).

When reading into a record you have reserve additional characters (04-outputRecordError.png and 05-outputRecordSuccess.png). This is not a practical work around, since the limitations for the user input do not apply here.

The type of data base does not seem to be relevant. The error has occurred with MS-Access and the “SQLite ODBC Driver” (available at http://www.ch-werner.de/sqliteodbc/). Tinkering with the settings for the ODBC data source had no effect.

Before diving into the Blackbox sources I would like to ask, if anyone has had a similar problem?

Greetings

gunnar bernhardt

PS: I was uncertain about the preferred language for this list, so please forgive me if I should have written it in German.

05-outputRecordSuccess.png
(image/png attachment: 05-outputRecordSuccess.png)

04-outputRecordError.png
(image/png attachment: 04-outputRecordError.png)

03-outputTextOk.png
(image/png attachment: 03-outputTextOk.png)

02-databaseContent.png
(image/png attachment: 02-databaseContent.png)

01-databaseDefinition.png
(image/png attachment: 01-databaseDefinition.png)