Re: [BLACKBOX] BB & Linux - was: Mobile-device development

From: [at]} <Stan>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2008 09:01:01 -0800

Hello all,

I must agree with Wojtek when he says:

Discussing how to improve it by 1% to make it ideal is a waste
of time. We should first address the the 99% issue by making the
software exist at all, and then maybe optimize it with IN
or whatever.

and

If this discussion is to be relevant at all to embedded SW, it has
to come a little closer to the earth and acknowledge the fact that
there are various processors, not all of them being 80386-compatible.

However, my need is desktop applications rather than embedded. I have been forced to convert my projects from BB to Qt because I require cross-platform deployment. In fact, cross-platform is what motivated me to BB in the first place. I continue to monitor the BB state of affairs in hopes that cross-platform capability (at least Windows and OS X, preferably Linux as well) will some day return.

Stan

J. Stanley Warford
Professor of Computer Science
Pepperdine University