- XP visual styles and BlackBox dialogs

From: [at]} <Koen>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2007 01:52:13 +0100

Hello all,

I was wondering if anybody else experiences the following problem:
BlacBox dialogs wih XP visual styles enabled are crippled on my system, and i disabled this feature
by renaming the manifest file to "BlackBox.exe.manifest.not".

To make the problem clear, two screenshots are attached of the Edit|Preferences dialog, where the
same control has focus, namely the radio button that indicatus 'Status Bar|Double'. The problem with
visual styles enabled is that you have no visual clue at all which control curently has focus! I
find this a serious hindrance, as usual i am in 'keyboard mode' and need to see where in the Dialog
I am exactly, tabbing around.

Just wondering if it's just me.

Regards,
Koen.

PreferencesXp.jpg
(image/jpeg attachment: PreferencesXp.jpg)

Preferences.jpg
(image/jpeg attachment: Preferences.jpg)