- Getting modules to load. Component Builder 1.5

From: [at]} <HajasW{>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 07:32:45 -0800

Andrew:

The bigger picture is that my model requires some numerical calculations. Some integration and some root-finding.
I've found these calculations to be very messy and inefficient when they are put directly into WINBUGS.

Do you have any ideas or suggestions?

Initially I tried to follow the examples from the WinBUGS Development web-site. I didn't appreciate that the example was for bringing a single function into WINBUGS as opposed to developing a useable library of routines. That's why I thought the modules just weren't loading.

So far my plan is to

* Create a collection of procedures in Component-Builder to do all the nasty calculations.
* Structure the collection so that WINBUGS only needs to call one of the procedures directly.
* Then follow the examples from the WinBUGS Development web-site.

I've already developed the numerics once in C++. They seem to work ok.

I am not as confindent about Component-Builder and that's where I am more likely to need advice.

Thanks again,
Wayne Hajas