Re: Inofficial BlackBox 2.0

From: [at]} <Josef>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2007 10:27:56 +0100

I would strongly prefer a single main line of development.
My understanding is that BB was never intended as a true multitasking system
let alone as a real time system.
It would be an ambitious (research) project to incorporate such features and
it may have far reaching consequences (eg garbage collection).
The preferred way to add such features should be via additional
DLLs and platform specific modules whenever possible.

However, if requirements from real world applications cannot be met with
the existing core modules, such extensions may be incorporated
more quickly by OMS, in particular if the extensions are small
and binary compatible.

- Josef Templ