Domain TRAP

From: [at]} <Wojtek>
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2001 02:13:16 -0400 (EDT)

Hello:

  I would appreciate some enlighting comments
concerning the domains in BB. Here is the problem:

TRAP 21 (precondition violated)

Stores.Writer.WriteStore [00002884H]

The Stores.odc explain, that:

        "PROCEDURE (VAR wr: Writer) WriteStore (x: Store)
        All stores that are written using the same writer must
        have the identical domain."

Precondition which is violated:
21 x # NIL => writer must have no domain,
        or the same one as x (and as all previously written stores)

How can this happen? I am embedding a few views of my design in a text,
they look healthy and just fine. But then, when I try to save
this text, the trap happens. I admit I embedded the views by copying
and pasting (using keystrokes CTRL-A, CTRL-C, CTRL-V). This
is a perfectly legal Windows operation and it seems to work
just fine. How could the domains get corrupted?

I barely dare to whisper that the domains in BB look like
one big headache to me....

The words of wisdom will be highly appreciated.

Please send e-mail responses directly to me with a copy
to the mailing list, because I am receiving mailing list
digests once a week.

Thank you!

Wojtek Skulski skulski{([at]})nowhere.xy