Re: WinConsole (was: Accessing the commandline ... )

From: Bob Walkden <"Bob>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2000 08:59:44 GMT

Hi,

thanks for your reply. I discovered this behaviour yesterday when I linked
and ran it, under NT. Never mind, it is a useful experiment.

The original module I sent you was meant to run as, in effect, a DOS program
that could be loaded from the command line. This may be why you found
difficulties with it to begin with. I had hoped to write an application that
the NT scheduler could run on an hourly basis as a background task in
people's PCs. Unfortunately of course BB always opens the framework. I
therefore hoped to link an app without the framework and to be able to run
it also from the DOS command line. However, I did not have time to
experiment enough to complete this, so I laterally-thought my way around the
problem until it went away! Not so much fun :o(

Regards,

Bob

----Original Message Follows----

From: "Treutwein; Bernhard" <Bernhard.Treutwein{([at]})nowhere.xy

no not necessary. Just insert a commander (CtrlQ) in the
last line, just after the END and before the WinConsole.

Then click on it.

Now there should a Console window be popping up
where you get some greeting. You cann enter some stuff
and under Win98 return to the normal BlackBox with
ESC (this did not work under NT :-(). Beware: closing
the console window also closes BlackBox (without asking
you to save any unsaved stuff).

Ciao
        Bernhard

PS: BlackBox is also more a hobby for me.