Event Manager

From: [at]} <Bill>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 1999 14:41:46 -0500 (CDT)

Hello,
I am new to CP and BB, but when I ran across the Oberon Microsystems
site a few months ago, I decided to do a paper on CP and BB
for a company symposium. I develop code for embedded systems
in the telecom industry. My abstract has been accepted.
I would like to form a BB/CP user group at work that would
learn to write components for BB by porting subsystems from
our existing platforms to the BB environment. The paper will be
an organizing effort for the group.

Our current products are architected as applications that run on a platform
that provides services to the applications.

I have decided to develop what we call an Event Manager(EM) as an example
for my paper. The EM would allow applications to register/deregister for
events, send events, and receive events.

I assume that our current applications and service modules would map to
components in the BB environment. Does an Event Manager and event-based
communication between application and service components make sense
in BB, or am I overlooking some feature that already exists?

Thanks,
Bill Bunch
Dallas, Texas

I do not speak for Alcatel, USA, Inc.
To unsubscribe from this mailing list, send a message containing the word "unsubscribe" to:
   blackbox-request{([at]})nowhere.xy

To get a list of valid e-mail commands and instructions on their usage, send a message containing the word "help" to the above address.

Send any problem reports or questions related to this email list to the list owner at
   owner-blackbox{([at]})nowhere.xy