Wrappers with sensitive areas [was: Re: How to access a View in a Form]

From: [at]} <Wojtek>
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 1999 11:26:31 -0800

At 06:59 PM 2/19/99 +0100, you wrote:

>You had a last question concerning the scrolling view.
>I assume, you know how to generate such a view, i.e.
>how to wrap a given view with a scrolling wrapper. Note,
>that this wrapper can also be used to add shadow borders,
>i.e. if also if you are not interested in scrolling at all.

Yes, Wolfgang brought "Add Scroller" to my attention.
I also have a printout of your ObxWrappers on my desk.

We have the following project on our "to do" list:
wrapper views with sensitive areas. We want to activate
actions such as changing plot range, changing plot mapping
linear <--> log, and other such actions, when the mouse
is clicked over a particular area of the displayed plot.
We want to implement this as a wrapper, not as a part
of our plotting view, because such wrappers can then
be used in conjuction with other views, such as bitmapped
figures.

I am forwarding this e-mail to the mailing list, because
it might be that such wrappers have already been implemented,
but I have not heard of that. I would appreciate a message
in case someone knows of such a project.

BTW: what kind of graphics editor was used to make
illustrations in various BB manuals? I have not found any
BB graphics editor such as Kepler or Draw. I am assuming some
kind of Kepler must be available?

Wojtek