(unknown charset) Re: Persistence and supercalls under BlackBox

From: (unknown charset) [at]} <pfister{>
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 1999 22:44:16 +0100

>BTW, the traffic in this list is encouraging. Reportedly, Professor Wirth
>said recently that his spin-off company was "not very successful", what

Everything is relative:-) Here the full text of the paragraph, in my
translation:

"Of my previous ten doctorands, eight are working on the west coast of the US.
One of them has created the first Java Just-In-Time compiler. They
emigrated because it's there that they find the challenging projects.
An exception are two doctorands, who have founded a company here.
That was a courageous step. But not everything worked out the way they
have hoped. But they have survived the first five years, which I interpret
as a positive sign. Thus one can say that Switzerland is a stony ground,
but some grass blades still sprouted."

Actually we are deadly determined to be extremely successful with our new
unique real-time operating system, which supports both Java and Component
Pascal. (Its cross-development environment is a customized configuration
of BlackBox plus additional components, btw.)

You'll hear much more about it in the next few months. And later on,
there'll be a new BlackBox release.

Cuno Pfister

Oberon microsystems, Inc.