Re: [BLACKBOX] April 18 , 2014 deadline for Windows 7 fixes

From: Douglas G. Danforth <"Douglas>
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2013 14:05:19 -0700

----boundary-LibPST-iamunique-1931858668_-_- Content-type: text/plain Marc, How about a compromise. The phrase "farm out" comes to mind where specific fixes/changes/upgrades are posted by the (remnants of ) Oberon Microsystems Inc to the Oberon community. Members of the community then contribute their solutions back to OMI (with perhaps a community editor who chooses the best solution). OMI then incorporates that solution into the 'official' BlackBox held by OMI for periodic releases. That should put a minimal workload on OMI's shoulders. Is that a possibility? -Doug Danforth On 7/26/2013 1:25 AM, Blackbox Support Oberon microsystems AG wrote: So, considering your message, is it possible for Oberon microsystems for the one last step to perform the final publication of BlackBox 1.6 (no rc)? Yes this is possible. We really hope to find some time later this year to put out BlackBox release 1.6 final. But this release will contain only very minimal changes compared to 1.6-rc6. All other corrections and improvements will have to go in future releases driven by the community. Also, I think it would be right to place official information for BlackBox License (I still could not fully understand, what it does permit, and what it does not). This step will help the community to develop some plans about core changes distribution and other associated tasks without any fear of syncronisation loss. You are right, the current license is complicated. BlackBox 1.6 final will be licensed under the simpler BSD 2-Clause license (http://choosealicense.com/licenses/bsd/). Thanks and kind regards, Marc ---- To unsubscribe, send a message with body "SIGNOFF BLACKBOX" to LISTSERV{([at]})nowhere.xy ----boundary-LibPST-iamunique-1931858668_-_- Content-type: text/html Marc,