[BLACKBOX] The future of BlackBox

From: [at]} <Helmut>
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2013 08:06:59 +0200

Dear BB Users,

Let us talk about the future of BlackBox.

The time is going on and the world is changing. It is normal life that a program need maintenance and adapt to new requirements.

First have a look at the past:

- BlackBox 1.5 uses WinApi ‘A’ calls
- BlackBox 1.6 uses WinApi ‘W’ calls

BlackBox 1.5 runs on all Windows version (95, 98, NT, 2000, XP, Vista, 7 and 8)
BlackBox 1.6 does NOT run on Windows 95 and 98.

The Russian version of BlackBox 1.5 uses the old windows code pages instead of Unicode. There is a new National.odc file and some changes in other BlackBox files. There you can use Cyrillic letters in procedure and variable names.

Programs with Cyrillic letters inside their names does NOT run on BB 1.6. That is the reason why some users not changed from 1.5 to 1.6. Another reason is they won't use beta version.

There is also a BrancoBox 2.0 based on BB 1.5 Who is using it? What is their state?

Further exist:
- Kernel patches about memory allocation
- Several Compiler patches
- There are patches for using cut and paste inside the field of forms.
- ...
- ???

This is the current state. Now my questions:

Which changes have I forgotten?

Has someone a list of all that patches around there?
Is there a Russian version of BlackBox 1.6 available, which uses Unicode instead of old windows code page?
Are Russian version merge to the standard version of BlackBox?
Which changes are in final version of BlackBox 1.6?
Which changes are NOT in final version of BlackBox 1.6?
When is this vision available?

I would like to collect all those information. If you may keep them secret, so please send them to feedback{([at]})nowhere.xy

With best regards

Helmut Zinn

Yes, we (s)can - Let the Sun Shine ...

In der Dunkelheit der Trauer
leuchtet der Stern der Erinnerung.

I know that the world is gonna smile again
when we go from the darkness into the light.