Re: [BLACKBOX] The future of BlackBox

From: Douglas G. Danforth <"Douglas>
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2013 01:10:28 -0700

----boundary-LibPST-iamunique-1559931134_-_- Content-type: text/plain Folks, On 7/30/2013 11:06 PM, Helmut Zinn wrote: The Russian version of BlackBox 1.5 uses the old windows code pages instead of Unicode. There is a new National.odc file and some changes in other BlackBox files. There you can use Cyrillic letters in procedure and variable names. In 1.6 one can not use Unicode characters for variables or procedure names BUT one can change the font for names. I frequently change q to ? for Greek symbols and that works. The CP language manual states "The representation of (terminal) symbols in terms of characters is defined using ISO 8859-1, i.e., the Latin?1 extension of the ASCII character set. Unicode (16 bit) characters are allowed in string constants only." I would support extending the program character set to Unicode. I do no know the consequences of doing that. -Doug Danforth ---- To unsubscribe, send a message with body "SIGNOFF BLACKBOX" to LISTSERV{([at]})nowhere.xy ----boundary-LibPST-iamunique-1559931134_-_- Content-type: text/html Folks,
The Russian version of BlackBox 1.5 uses the old windows code pages instead of Unicode. There is a new National.odc file and some changes in other BlackBox files. There you can use Cyrillic letters in procedure and variable names.

In 1.6 one can not use Unicode characters for variables or procedure names BUT one can change the font for names.
I frequently change q to θ for Greek symbols and that works.