Re: [BLACKBOX] Illegal Memory Access with Windows 7 - Update 3

From: Campbell, Robert (Selex ES, UK) <"Campbell,>
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2013 14:50:24 +0000

Hello

A colleague has coded a version (a different random number generator!) of this test in C#.NET for X86 (ie a 32-bit version).

The results on my two machines are:

The statistics are: (Windows 7 / Windows XP)

  Number of good allocations: 6148 / 6082

  Number of failed allocations: 96354 / 96318

  Maximum amount allocated: 1795.4 / 1805.0 Million Bytes.

So the 800 MByte memory limit does not seem to come from Windows 7.

It looks like there has been some change to the WinApi interface that means that the way BlackBox gets its memory no

longer works as well as it did / should.

Any ideas, anyone?

Regards

Robert