[BLACKBOX] Aw: Re: [BLACKBOX] Re: [BLACKBOX] The official position of the Russian OberonCore team about BlackBox Support

From: Rene A. Krywult <"Rene>
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2013 18:38:39 +0200

----boundary-LibPST-iamunique-561035572_-_- Content-type: text/plain Interesting story (and good to get to know you better), Wojtek. I'm doing lots of translations from German to English and vice versa, and every year or so I try automatic translations. I get better and faster results without automatic translators so far. Rene Gesendet: Mittwoch, 21. August 2013 um 18:31 Uhr Von: "Wojtek Skulski" You, Wojtek, may or may not be able to read enough > Russian to be able to cope with a predominantly Russian BB Actually I can. My greatest achievement so far was reading the entire Master and Margerita in Russian. My second greatest achievement was translating the Master Thesis on SHARC Oberon from German to English without knowing German. I used an automatic translator. The output was funny. I corrected the funny translation to a quite good English which was then approved by the original author. The translators have advanced since then. You can probably automatically translate from English and the result will be almost good enough. Polishing the output should not be a big deal. I can say this based on my own experience stated above. W. > > Some of those users will have a preference about how this OpenSource > project continues, others will not. You have voted for "let > OberonCore do their thing". This is duly noted. > > Rene > > Gesendet: Mittwoch, 21. August 2013 um 16:44 Uhr > Von: "Wojtek Skulski" > An: BLACKBOX{([at]})nowhere.xy> Betreff: Re: [BLACKBOX] The official position of the > Russian OberonCore team about BlackBox Support > Dear Oberon Core: > > I think that discussions about the "centre" are moot. People do > what they > do because they need to. Take OMS as an example. They created BB because > they needed a tool for their commercial developments. They hoped that the > tool itself would become a successful product. When this vision flopped, > they adjusted their position by releasing the source (to their credit!). > Recently they adjusted their position again, what sparked this > discussion. > In each case OMS were driven by their own needs, which I think is the > right attitude. > > Thus, I am asking why you are doing what you are doing. I would like to > know. Once I know, I can only do one think: accept. Just like I accepted > the OMS decisions at various stages of BB development. > > Lets's be realistic. My desire is to piggyback on someone's hard > work. > This someone is you. It will be counterproductive to try becoming a > backseat driver. You are the drivers of your own work, and I want to > benefit from it just like I benefited from the OMS work. > > I am submitting the above to the community to consider whether it is not > the right attitude. > > Thank you, > Wojtek "I only want to be the user" > > > > > We agree what "single center of responsibility for BB would have > the right > > to create a version in the future that is not fully downward compatible > to > > 1.6, if that would be necessary." and so on, if it is defined as > mentioned > > above: "Such centre may be assigned as the successor of BlackBox > Support > > Oberon microsystems AG by acknowledgment. Or shall be elected by > > Community." > > > > But again, there is no point to discuss these technical details while > the > > center is hypothetical. > > > > Best regards, > > OberonCore team.  19.08.2013, 00:25, "Rene A. > Krywult" :Dear OberonCore > > team, > > > ---- > To unsubscribe, send a message with body "SIGNOFF BLACKBOX" to > LISTSERV{([at]})nowhere.xy> > > ---- To unsubscribe, send a message with body "SIGNOFF BLACKBOX" to > LISTSERV{([at]})nowhere.xy ---- To unsubscribe, send a message with body "SIGNOFF BLACKBOX" to LISTSERV{([at]})nowhere.xy ---- To unsubscribe, send a message with body "SIGNOFF BLACKBOX" to LISTSERV{([at]})nowhere.xy ----boundary-LibPST-iamunique-561035572_-_- Content-type: text/html Interesting story (and good to get to know you better), Wojtek. I'm doing lots of translations from German to English and vice versa, and every year or so I try automatic translations. I get better and faster results without automatic translators so far.

Rene

> [...]

> the right
> > to create a version in the future that is not fully downward compatible
> > 1.6, if that would be necessary.&quot; and so on, if it is defined as
> mentioned
> > above: &quot;Such centre may be assigned as the successor of BlackBox
> Support
> > Oberon microsystems AG by acknowledgment. Or shall be elected by
> > Community.&quot;
> >
> > But again, there is no point to discuss these technical details while
> the
> > center is hypothetical.
> >
> > Best regards,
> > OberonCore team.&Acirc; &Acirc; 19.08.2013, 00:25, &quot;Rene A.
> Krywult&quot; :Dear OberonCore
> > team,
>

> ----
> To unsubscribe, send a message with body &quot;SIGNOFF BLACKBOX&quot; to

----
To unsubscribe, send a message with body "SIGNOFF BLACKBOX" to LISTSERV{([at]})nowhere.xy