[BLACKBOX] Hosting experience

From: Douglas G. Danforth <"Douglas>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2013 17:46:25 -0700

I made the decision to try each of the different hosting sites
to compare the experience.

Here is my experience for GitHub

PRO: Setting up an account was pretty easy
usr: [deleted]
psw: [deleted]

CON: The need to download software is not expected and not desired but I will do this
    Git: 14.8MB
    Puts code int C:\Program Files\Git
    Chose 'Run Git from the Windows Command Prompt'
    Chose 'Checkout Windows style, commit Unix style line endings'
    Installation time about 5 minutes
    Windows installer then popped up and said 'Please wait while Window configures Microsoft Office
    Single Image 2010'
    I then got the message 'The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable"
    It is looking for 'SingleImageWW.msi'
    I hit CANCEL and then got the message 'Unable to execute file:
    C:\Program Files\Git\ReleaseNotes.rtf'

CON: I now learn that it is necessary to separately down load a GUI for Git. NOT good.
    In attempting to do that I learned that GUI Git for Windows package requires .NET
    There is absolutely no way that I will download that beast. GB of storage necessary!
    I hit CANCEL immediately. Hence since I will not operate from a DOS command line prompt
    to execute Git and since I will not use .NET that makes GitHub unusable for me.

Why is all this extra stuff necessary????

-Doug Danforth