Re: [BLACKBOX] Another compiler bug ?

From: [at]} <René>
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2012 11:36:15 -0500

That is true, the compiler ignores many symbols. I have been taken advantage of this "undocumented feature", using ? ? for different purposes; particullary the symbol "•" (ASCII 04), which I use as a prefix for highlighting global variables.

But you are right: the compiler should warn about this issue.

Greetings: René Dorta.

On Fri, Dec 30, 2011 at 7:29 PM, Robert <robert.campbell_{([at]})nowhere.xy

Folks

If I write

 VAR
   z : REAL;
 BEGIN
   z := %108.3;

the compiler complains (factor starts with incorrect symbol).

However, if I replace '%' with '‰' (Unicode 2030) there is no complaint; the 'per-thousand' sign is simply ignored. Surely there should be a complaint?

This seems like an obvious error, but the same happens with the Unicode minus sign (Unicode 2212) which looks identical (in some fonts) to the ASCII hyphen which CP uses as a minus sign. An invisible bug, so some compiler help would be
appreciated.

Regards

Robert.

----