Re: [BLACKBOX] EBNF question

From: [at]} <Bob>
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2012 11:40:17 -0000

so, to respond to my own post, what I need is a pair of brackets denoting a bag (aka multiset), rather than using curly braces which denote a set.

In other words, rather than

X = { a, b, c, … } .

I would like something like

X = / a, b, c, … \ .

with a proper pair of brackets, and the following sequences would be legal:

baaabaabcccaa

abc

bca

cab

cba

acb

bac

but these would not, albeit they are legal between {}:

ab

ac

null

bc