[BLACKBOX] Fwd: [BLACKBOX] Still kicking the BlackBox tyres. A question for the group about annoyances. Keyboard forced break.

From: [at]} <René>
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2012 16:22:11 -0500

Now that we are talking about annoyances, here is one that has importuned me for years:

when you choose "Default Font..." or "Dialog font..." in the BlackBox dialog box for "Preferences", a color list is offered, but whatever you choose there is just ignored!. Would be nice to fix that!

Exactly the same problem occurs when using the "font" buttom in the property inspector when designing GUIs: font color can't be changed.

Regards,
René Dorta.

On Tue, Mar 13, 2012 at 4:13 PM, Robert <robert.campbell_{([at]})nowhere.xy

FYI - I just tried your program using BB 1.6-rc6 (Built 08.09.2008) on
64-bit Windows 7 and I was able to interrupt it using<Ctrl><Break>

Regards,
Chris

Chris

Actually that is probably my most practical solution - we are expecting to be upgraded (officially 'refreshed') with Windows 7 machines in the next few weeks.

I don't know if I'll get 7 or 7-64, but Ctrl-Break works on 7 also.

I never realised that I was the only person on the planet with this Ctrl-Break problem, which has annoyed me for years.

I devised a devious work-around using your marvellous ProcessMessages routine. I
explained this to some colleages at work who just looked at me with that "What is he on about now?" look.

Now I realise that they didn't have the Ctrl Break problem on their 32 bit machines!

I'm inclined to believe Lon's theory that it is not a real Windows 'problem', but rather a setup or configuration issue. But I also think he is right that its not worth spending days trying to find out.

Cheers

Robert

----