[BLACKBOX] Views

From: Douglas G. Danforth <"Douglas>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2012 18:49:00 -0700
----boundary-LibPST-iamunique-685789554_-_- Content-type: text/plain If you search the documentation of Views for the word 'width' you find two references. CONST undefined This value can be used to denote the width or height of a view as currently undefined. and Pre f # NIL 20 f.view = v 21 v.context # NIL 22 0 <= f.l <= l <= r <= f.r <= width of view 23 0 <= f.t <= t <= b <= f.b <= height of view 24 That's it. No prose describing the size or placement of a view. I have always found this lack in BlackBox very disconcerting. In my opinion one should be able to change the size (width and height) as well as the position (top left corner) at will by simple procedure calls without recourse to any message passing. Here is the current problem with which I am struggling. I am given a view, which in this case is a TextViews.View. I wish to open that view as a ToolDialog so that it floats over a background form that I have created and does not force the form to change its size (hence the need for a tool dialog). Secondly I want the view's size to be changed based on its content which I can readily determine. Now, I have tried using StdCmds.InitLayoutDialog and StdCmds.SetLayout but have not been able to change the dimensions of the default text view when it is opened. So my general question is: Given a view (a pointer) how does one change the size of the view? Notice that: if I had created the view then I would use HandlePropMsg but, I didn't create the view. -Doug Danforth ---- To unsubscribe, send a message with body "SIGNOFF BLACKBOX" to LISTSERV{([at]})nowhere.xy ----boundary-LibPST-iamunique-685789554_-_- Content-type: text/html If you search the documentation of Views for the word 'width' you find