[BLACKBOX] Plugin message handlers

From: Douglas G. Danforth <"Douglas>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2012 20:24:12 -0700
----boundary-LibPST-iamunique-2112026358_-_- Content-type: text/plain Folks, I now find it very convenient to simply plug in a handler for a message rather than implementing it again and again for each new view I create. MyViews supports procedure variables for each of the possible message handlers in which I am interested. For example, I have an AudioFilesView which displays audio wave forms that I can scroll like an iPad with a sweep of the mouse. But I also need to change that behavior when I record into the window such that when the mouse is pressed recording starts and when it is released recording stops and displays the new waveform. I simply swap back and forth the handlers for the track message as need be. I just wonder if anyone else has used procedure variables to implement message handlers? -Doug Danforth ---- To unsubscribe, send a message with body "SIGNOFF BLACKBOX" to LISTSERV{([at]})nowhere.xy ----boundary-LibPST-iamunique-2112026358_-_- Content-type: text/html Folks,