Re: [BLACKBOX] AW: [BLACKBOX] AW: [BLACKBOX] Control for SETs

From: [at]} <Robert>
Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2012 22:15:19 +0100

On 31/05/2012 12:20, Gerhard.Marent{([at]})nowhere.xy
> Hello Robert,
>
> your solution is better than mine.
>
> Thanks Gerhard

Well, I've altered the Notify logic to be more similar to the existing Oms logic
for SETs, which is why it is more compatible with CheckBoxes.

Your documentation implies that you used a different logic (ie using
Dialog.changed rather than Dialog.included / Dialog.excluded) DELIBERATELY. If
your applications benefit from this different logic then, for them, your
solution is better.

As well as changing the Notify logic I simplified the main Control logic to
avoid using unnecessary loops.

I now realise that there is a much better simplification possible (see the
attached). I had never realised that general SET constructors could be used with
non CONSTANT expressions!

This is all rather trivial detail. The main point is that your Control is just
what I wanted for my application - thanks.

Robert

PS - If you are looking for a completely inappropriate extreme optimisation you
can start the last loop with 'k' set to the first element in the SET, rather
than with k = 0, by using 1 assembler instruction:

PROCEDURE [code] BitScanForward (set : SET) : INTEGER
   0FH, 0BCH, 0C0H; (* bsf eax -> eax *)

k := BitScanForward (b)

!!!

----
To unsubscribe, send a message with body "SIGNOFF BLACKBOX" to LISTSERV{([at]})nowhere.xy