Re: [BLACKBOX] All I need is ...

From: [at]} <Romiras>
Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2012 21:22:06 +0300

Obviously, basic set of components must include Pac, because it's used in distribution of CPC packages and it greatly reduces their size.

Converters. I frequently use encoding UTF-8 for importing/exporting of text/programs. So I must have CpcUtf8Conv. But it should be more flexible in type of documents, not just *.utf8.

For comfortable development: WorkWindows, Toolbar.

General programmer routines. Subsystems like My that able to save a time in coding of most common data structures and routines.

My preferences:
-Converters: Pac, CpcUtf8Conv
-Navigation: Cam (CamProcScan), CpcEverywhere, CpcFileBrowser
-Environment: WorkWindows, Toolbar

Of course, I miss something that others use because of limited knowledge on full power of packages - these that have little information about itself. Collecting of complete statistics is required among all Blackbox developers.

But, most wanted (for me) is a package manager that will allow to navigate & search in repository (with hierarchy of categories) and install a packages by one click, like in Firefox addons.

Features:
* Name of package
* Short description + full description (by clicking button "More info")
* Release version + change list
* Dependencies on other packages
* Screenshots, when available
* Authors & contributors, license info
* List of containing files: documentation, modules, resources and other stuff.

2012/6/8 <Aubrey.McIntosh{([at]})nowhere.xy

        I always use the server setup and make the distribution directory write protected. All projects live in a subdirectory.

        I link a new executable with a few modifications and place that also in the distribution directory. This executable has a few packed files in itself. This executable has a modified version of HostFiles that will create a project directory based on the name of the executable and make the process more automatic.

        Do you use the server setup, and how does it fail to provide what you need in the current situation?

        On Fri, Jun 8, 2012 at 3:52 AM, Helmut Zinn <feedback{([at]})nowhere.xy

                Dear BB User.

                Sometimes it is better to start a new project with a new installation of BlackBox.

                My question:

                Which module or subsystem do you miss in a clean installation?

                Which subsystem from CPC do you install before you start with your project?

                For myself I always install subsystem Pac and Toolbar.

                With best regards

                Helmut Zinn

        --
        Aubrey McIntosh, Ph.D.