Re: [BLACKBOX] INI files

From: [at]} <Robert>
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2012 10:37:23 +0100

\\ Is there a standard way in BlackBox for keeping program's settings
\\ between runs?

Rainer

I've not read this thread carefully, so may have misunderstood what you want!

But it seems like a problem I frequently face, and the attached is an example of
the solution approach I use.

(I prefer using binary files to avoid rounding issues, and it removes the
temptation to hack the status file with a text editor which might introduce
inconsistent parameters - I use Notifiers in the main code to enforce applicable
restrictions.)

If you have lots of fields writing the Save/Read Status procedures can be
tedious, so you might want to look at ExternalizeFields. It, and its Internalize
companion, are in LibMisc on the Component Pascal Collection site.

Cheers

Robert

----
To unsubscribe, send a message with body "SIGNOFF BLACKBOX" to LISTSERV{([at]})nowhere.xy