Re: [BLACKBOX] More on ASCII text files

From: [at]} <Robert>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2012 18:41:21 +0100

Hi

I published a Module on CPC to read ASCII files years ago.

It can recognise and decode many CP types (REAL, String, INTEGER, BOOLEAN, etc).

I never (*implemented*) the ability to recognise SETs, although that function
was designed in. By complete coincidence YESTERDAY I needed to read SETs from an
ASCII file, so completed the missing bit!

Two points worth mentioning.

1 - It does not read the whole file into a BlackBox Text. This means it is
efficient for reasonably large files. It can comfortably handle much larger
files than the Obx Converters.Import approach.

2 - The Scanner can be either connected to an ASCII file, or to a BlackBox Text
(eg the Focus Window) without changing the client code. This is very useful in
development.

I attach the current Docu file if anyone is interested.

Regards

Robert

----
To unsubscribe, send a message with body "SIGNOFF BLACKBOX" to LISTSERV{([at]})nowhere.xy