Re: [BLACKBOX] Sorting a Dialog.List

From: Campbell, Robert (SELEX GALILEO, UK) <robert.d.campbell{([at]})nowhere.xy>
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2012 11:01:58 +0000

Steve

\\ I've used FORTRAN and BASIC, various assemblers and several flavors of machine language, mainframes, minis and desktop machines -- experienced the joys of punched paper tape and punched cards -- switched to Pascal in the mid-80s, and then Modula-2.

Sounds very familiar. Never used punched cards, but can well remember repairing torn paper tape with special perforated sticky tape. We had a machine like a reel-to-reel magnetic tape splicer.

\\ Even a bubble sort would be much faster if it could be run inside the Dialog module

Just curious - is there any sorting algorithm that works effectively with a single linked list structure?

Regards

Robert

SELEX Galileo Ltd
Registered Office: Sigma House, Christopher Martin Road, Basildon, Essex SS14 3EL
A company registered in England & Wales. Company no. 02426132