Re: [BLACKBOX] Real time & garbage collection

From: [at]} <Romiras>
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2011 11:40:42 +0300

Just take into account, standard desktop OS cannot guarantee a predictable response within a specified period of time (like 3 ms) unlike real-time OS.
Take a look if hardware meets a requirements of your software: maximum latency in image/video processing, displaying video, memory RAM/cache, disk performance etc.
As a second step, try debug run-time system in module Kernel. Additionally you need a high precision timer for logging events when monitoring time line.
Look at How to: Use the High-Resolution Timer <http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa964692(v=vs.80).aspx> .

2011/6/29 Douglas G. Danforth <danforth{([at]})nowhere.xy

Wojtek,
Thank you. Those are useful comments.
I recently uninstalled Norton (antivirus) precisely because it was
consuming vast amounts of CPU time. The pausing, however,
has occurred after that time so yes there may be other gluttons
running. I'll check.
-Doug