Re: [BLACKBOX] Controling the printer

From: [at]} <René>
Date: Sun, 4 Sep 2011 19:07:43 -0500

The printer driver handles interrupts and does a lot of house keeping, but direct control of printer is still used. As a matter of fact, word processors send scape sequences for changing printer settings and taking advantage of certain features of particular printer models.

At any rate, what is happening in this case is that if one File-->Print (within BlackBox) any .odc document to the Epson LX-300 what one gets is a very unreadable page. It does not happen with other printers. Even more curious, if one Edit-->Copy the displayed document, and paste it into Microsoft Word, it prints correctly on the LX-300... I have been struggling against this problem from long ago. Help is needed.

Greetings: René Dorta.

On Sat, Sep 3, 2011 at 9:48 PM, Wojtek Skulski <skulski{([at]})nowhere.xy

Is it not so that direct control of the printer was done under DOS, but
these days it is rather the responsibility of the printer driver?

Googling for Epson LX-300 brings lots of stuff, for example:
http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support/supDetail.jsp?oid=14340 <http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support/supDetail.jsp?oid=14340&infoType=Downloads> &infoType=Downloads

Wojtek

----