Re: [BLACKBOX] SaaS

From: [at]} <Aubrey.McIntosh{>
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2011 19:43:27 -0600

Doug,

I also extracted the zip file into a single flat directory the first time. I assume this is because I checked some mysterious FLzip option about directories, and things worked correctly when I reverted this selection to the default.

The files were in a new directory that is a timestamped project directory, and the various O3 subsystem directories were within this. I assume this is a legacy of working on Linux under Wine. I simply moved all these subsystems to the private user directory used by my BlackBox server configuration. You could also move them to your BlackBox installation directory if you are not stringent about keeping it in the pristine distribution condition.

When I had done this, the O3 menu was available when I started BlackBox, and when I executed the StartWebApp menu selection my web browser opened, the server started, and the O3 sample page was displayed. O3 itself installed and worked cleanly with no modification.

I do note, however, that 1.6rc5 does not support this O3 distribution, you must have 1.6rc6.

On Tue, Nov 22, 2011 at 4:13 PM, Douglas G. Danforth <danforth{([at]})nowhere.xy

Chris,

Thank you.

I had to set the WinZip 'view' to folder view and then it did extract
the folder structure correctly. I never had to do that before. All previous
zip files with folders automatically just extracted the folders.

Now, having done that it is still not sufficient since the O3bb subdirectory
is down one level too deep within the BB directory and hence the
menus.doc file can not be found by BB. If I move O3bb up one level
then it is found but there seem to be other problems.

What must one do to get the system configured correctly?

-Doug