Re: [BLACKBOX] Possible compiler bug ?

From: [at]} <Aubrey.McIntosh{>
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2011 18:50:46 -0600

My assumption is that we follow JT's advice: report it to Oberon Microsystems. I assume Robert is up to his eyeballs in project and panic, so I have Cc'd them, and will supply the bug capture source if they don't have the whole email chain.

We have now come together as a community and maintained a bug. This is a really major step in our maturity.

> DevCPC486.FloatDOp
> | div:

> IF y.mode # Reg THEN LoadR(y); rev := ~rev END;(* <<< add this line *)

On Mon, Dec 19, 2011 at 5:15 PM, René Dorta <renejdorta{([at]})nowhere.xy

Let's not lose sight of the essence of the matter. Robert's source code fragment crashes the compiler; apparently, a register allocation problem has been uncovered.

What should we do in these cases? Is someone maintaining the compiler?.

Regards,
René Dorta.

On Sun, Dec 18, 2011 at 4:34 AM, Robert <robert.campbell_{([at]})nowhere.xy

Hi

I can't compile the code below, which seems ok to me.

I don't get an error message, I get a compiler crash.

Am I overlooking something obvious?

Regards

Robert

MODULE DemoMeter;

TYPE
 Meter = POINTER TO RECORD
             maxVal : INTEGER;
            END;

PROCEDURE Do*;
 VAR
   pos, val : INTEGER;
   meter : Meter;
 BEGIN
    pos := SHORT (val * LONG (100) DIV meter.maxVal)
 END Do;

END DemoMeter.

----
Aubrey McIntosh, Ph.D.